Terms of Service
Short version of the dowce Terms of Service
Don't upload copyrighted material, harassment, spam, pornography, or especially child pornography. If you do, we will ban you, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on dowce.com.
All images are completely anonymous unless you share them with the world. However, if you violate the Terms of Service or commit any unlawful acts, then don't be surprised when the authorities are knocking at your door.
- 'File' refers to any document that has the potential to be uploaded to dowce.
- 'User' refers to the individual who uploads files to dowce, has uploaded files to dowce, or accesses files from dowce.
- 'URL' refers to the location of any file located on dowce's servers.
- 'dowce' refers to this service and it's owner(s).
Terms of Service
dowce reserves the right to remove or replace any uploaded files, and assumes no liability for lost registration links or misplaced file URLs.
The following types of files constitute "abuse" and may not be uploaded under any circumstances, when using dowce's image hosting:
- Files that violate any law or may be considered to violate any law.
- Files that infringe on the copyrights of any entity excluding the user.
- Non-image files. This includes archived non-image files.
- Files that advertise any commercial endeavor (e.g., offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (e.g., conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, and/or soliciting goods or services).
- Nudity or pornography, or anything that may be confused as nudity or pornography.
Uploading abusive files may result in the immediate termination of the user's ability to use dowce or any of its provided services. The dowce website may not load, all dowce-hosted files may not load, and all files related to the abusive files will be subject to deletion. Circumventing dowce's ability to enforce the dowce Terms of Service will result in prosecution.
All information provided by the user is strictly confidential. dowce reserves the right to distribute aggregated demographic information provided by the user, but dowce will never release any personal information about the user without permission. However, dowce reserves the right to release user information if user has violated the dowce Terms of Service, if the user has committed unlawful acts, if the information is subpoenaed, or if dowce deems it necessary or appropriate.
dowce Terms of Service are subject to change without notice.
All files are copyrighted © to their respective owners. dowce directs full legal responsibility of files to their respective users. All other content copyright © dowce 2013. dowce is not responsible for the content any uploaded files, nor is it in affiliation with any entities that may be represented in the uploaded files.
Limitation of Liability
User agrees that the use of dowce's services is entirely at User's own risk. dowce's services are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, constructive, or statutory, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose.
dowce makes no guarantee of availability of service and reserves the right to change, withdraw, suspend, or discontinue any functionality or feature of dowce's services. In no event shall dowce be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use dowce's services or any content thereon. This disclaimer applies, without limitation, to any damages or injury, whether for breach of contract, tort, or otherwise, caused by any failure of performance; error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; computer virus; file corruption; communication-line failure; network or system outage; or theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of any record.
User agrees to indemnify and hold dowce harmless from any loss, liability, claims, damages and expenses, including attorneys fees, arising from or related to the content, use, or deletion of User's Files or use of any other feature or service. This expressly includes:
- User's responsibility for any and all liability arising from the violation or infringement of proprietary rights or copyrights.
- Any defamatory or unlawful material contained within User's Files.
By accepting this agreement you waive and hold harmless company from any claims resulting from any action taken by dowce during or as a result of its investigations and/or from any actions taken as a consequence of investigations by either dowce or law enforcement authorities.
dowce may perform maintenance services as dowce determines reasonably necessary. User acknowledges that such maintenance may require downtime. dowce will attempt to provide prior notice of the maintenance downtime, except in the case that circumstances beyond dowce's control limit the ability to do so.